Kodiak's Blog

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Would we be willing?

In my quiet moment before the Lord this morning I had a question come to mind, How far would I trust the Lord? Would I trust Him like Joseph and go to prison for being wrongfully accused? Would I wonder through the desert leading God's people to the promise land and hve to listen to "are we there yet?", "let's go back to Egypt", "why don't you stop and ask directions?" like Moses. Would we have the courage to tell a king that he has sinned and risk death, like Samual. Perhaps God tell us to marry an unfaithful wife/husband like Hosea. Would we be willing to cast our net after we had been fishing all night, because the Lord asks us to or would we rebut Lord, we have been fishing these waters for X years, we know the tide schedules and the feeding times, etc. Would we be willing to say "by your command!" Do we really trust the Lord? What would you be willing to do? All because He asks!

7 Comments:

  • I would have to trust Him all the way. There is no part way or half way. There is no almost. What if those around me had done that? What if Jesus had not gone "all the way?"...

    By Blogger where's jim?, at July 19, 2005 6:07 AM  

  • I would too. Even if it meant leaving my friends behind.

    By Blogger Kodiak, at July 19, 2005 6:11 AM  

  • I am certain all the men mentioned didn't see the whole picture they only saw in part.

    By Blogger Kodiak, at July 19, 2005 6:13 AM  

  • Like everyone else I got those good times and tough times blues. I desire to do what he asks but like Paul, I know what is right but I don't always do it. But, I am always trying to improve. BBT

    By Blogger Doug E. Pudge, at July 19, 2005 6:50 AM  

  • I would like to say I would do it, but when it comes to it, would I have the courage? I hope so, and with God continuing to work in me I could.

    By Blogger Swinging Sammy, at July 19, 2005 7:52 AM  

  • Certainly, the spirit is willing but the flesh is week.

    By Blogger Kodiak, at July 19, 2005 1:07 PM  

  • powerful thought...how far would I go? I'm not sure...probably a little farther as each day passes. Sometimes I wish to be small and un-noticed so as to not be singled out for these huge tests of faith...it's a good thing I'm not in charge:)

    By Blogger wowgirl, at July 19, 2005 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home