Kodiak's Blog

Locations of visitors to this page

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The false facade

I am certain that by now we have all heard the cliche "it takes money to make money". Well,I had a thought,(wondered where that puff of smoke came from, eh), why not put a twist on the statement,and change it to say "it takes happiness to make happiness". Keep up with me.There is a false facade, being advertised all across the world that in order to be happy you must drink liqueur, at a certain establishment, a certain item (a new outfit, an SUV or sports car) or getting all your hair back by going to one of those hair loss clubs. As children, we needed to have that brand new toy or a puppy, or just fill in the ____________ . What doe we fill our lives with in order to be happy? Do we fill it with things? I have yet to have someone come up to me and tell me that they weren't happy but they opened up their closet and suddenly became happy. For me, I ready some scripture, regularly sometimes irregularly, and have fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home