Kodiak's Blog

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, April 07, 2006

Read the 'Gospel of Judas'

I read the following article about the Judas Gospel:

National Geographic releases the ancient "Gospel of Judas" today, and you too can read parts of the controversial text. Unlike Biblical accounts, "in which Judas is portrayed as a reviled traitor, this newly discovered Gospel portrays Judas as acting at Jesus' request when he hands Jesus over to the authorities," the N.G. Society says.
Read more on the USA Today blog

2 Comments:

  • I am amazed at how people can know Jesus only lived for 33 years. With Christ bitrth around 4 B.C. and ending his life around 29 A.D. This a document is dated around 300 - 400 A.D. Does anyone else see the problem? THer seems to be over a 300 year gap. I sincerely cannot believe that Judas lived to be over 400 years.

    By Blogger Kodiak, at April 08, 2006 9:59 PM  

  • I thought pretty much the same thing. I was wondering how Judas could have written a document when supposedly he is dead. It is great discussion though and I hope that it gets people into their bibles more. Especially the rich history of it. I must admit though the subjects such as the Da Vinci Code and Priory of Sion and the such are interesting, it still does not change the fact in my opinion of who Jesus was/is and how I should live my life and how I can inherit the kingdom of heaven. I have not read the book by Dan Brown, would like to, and I do plan on going to see the movie in May. For me it will be purely entertainment. I probably will also read the book that has just come out, the Gospel of Judas. Once again, purely for entertainment purposes.

    By Blogger michelle, at April 11, 2006 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home